Saturday, June 16, 2012

I miss, but I like…


Occasionally, when we first got here and were feeling particularly homesick, we would play a game called “I miss”. We would go around in a circle and say what we missed from back home. After we were here for a while, to make it a little healthier for the girls, we changed it to “I miss… but I like” so we could talk about the good things here too. Here’s a peek in at our last game… hope you enjoy… :)

Daddy: I miss Doritos and choc. milk, but I like the people here
Mama: I miss my heater and dishwasher, but I like how peaceful rural life can be
Paige: I miss Lady (our dog), but I like looking at the dogs that walk around here
Katy: I miss playing on our playground, but I like helping Mama cook
Chloe: I miss Violet, but I like Patience here

Daddy: I miss Mexican food esp. salsa, but I like the stars at night
Mama: I miss tortilla chips (a lot!), but I like the bacon and the hot tea (with milk and sugar) here.
Paige: I miss Destiny, but I like my friends here too
Katy: I miss our blue rocking horse, but I like the Strawberry Shortcake remote control car that I got for my bday here
Chloe: I miss my swing, but I like playing with my sissys

Daddy: I miss Home Depot & Lowe’s, but I like working on the hospital
Mama: I miss having a break from the kids…ever, but I like how much time the kids are getting to have together
Paige: I miss Chinese food, but I like playing with the small beetles that are around here
Katy: I miss pink lemonade, but I like pineapple fanta
Chloe: I miss going to church, but I like getting a ride on Patience’s back

Daddy: I miss clean water out of the tap, but I like Blackberry Mazoe
Mama: I miss Rosa’s on Tuesdays & Taco Delight anytime, but I like my homemade tortillas here
Paige: I miss Evie, but I like spending time with my family here
Katy: I miss wrestling with Dada, but I like playing hide and seek here
Chloe: I miss Julia, but I like sleeping with my sissys (in 1 big bed)

Daddy: I miss constant internet access, but I like rural life
Mama: I miss church, but I like meeting the new teams as they come in
Paige: I miss Ryan Naizer’s accordion, but I like seeing Uncle Barry and Aunt Marleen
Katy: I miss Taco Delight, but I like my toys here too
Chloe: I miss Kolette, but I like “zoe” (Mazoe)


Rashel

1 comment:

  1. Too cute and love the idea. Oh, the memories that are being made there. We miss you all, but like what God is doing in our body, both here and abroad.
    Love, hugs and kisses.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete