Sunday, May 27, 2012

Paige's First Blog


What is your name and how old are you? My name is Paige and I am 8 years old.
What did you think when your mom and dad told you that you might be serving and moving to Africa? Surprised, because I had never done that before.
Were you happy or sad? Kinda sad, but then Jump Rope for Jesus came in my mind and I wanted to bring it to Africa.
Why did you want to bring Jump Rope for Jesus to Africa? Because God told me that I could.
What things did you do to get ready for the trip? I helped Mama pick out what blanket and stuffed animal I wanted to bring. I also helped Mama pick out what new shoes I needed to come here. I also stayed at Julia’s house while everyone was packing. I said good bye to my friends, too.
What was the plane ride like? The first plane was VERY hot. The second plane had a little TV on the chair and it was so much fun! I loved the second plane.
When you got to Harare what was your first impression of Zimbabwe? I thought the house we would stay at would be small, but the guesthouse is huge! Our house in Sanyati is big too.
What did you like best about the guesthouse? There is a jungle gym in the back yard. It is fun! The yard is HUGE!
Who did you meet in Harare? Uncle Barry and Aunt Marlene-They call the missionaries “uncle and aunt” because all of our families are so far away.
Did you like them? YES! They are fun!
What was it like to move to Sanyati? The road was really bumpy for 2 hours. I wouldn’t say the road was fun.
What did you think of our new house when we got here? It looked new and they have a big space for playing outside.
What does your room look like? We put posters up on the wall. Mine is of Tangled. Katy’s is Hello Kitty. Chloe doesn’t have one. We pushed 2 beds together so we can have a big space for sleeping. Katy and I sleep on the outside and Chloe sleeps in the middle.
What kind of toys did you pack to play with here? Games and toys and crafts- that are fun!
What do you do when you have free time here? Sometimes I go outside and play with the African children here. They are fun to play with!
Are you doing school right now? Yes, it isn’t really fun.
Who have you met here? Portia and Breanna- They are Patience’s niece and granddaughter. They come every Thursday and play before the bible study/Jump Rope for Jesus. They are fun to play with. I have also met Patience- She helps us clean and Chloe always follows her around. Patience is nice.  Alice does bible study with us too. She has been doing it for a while. Yesterday I met Aunt Mickey who is going to be here with us.
What new foods have you tried and did you like it? Sadza and chicken- yes. Also, I drank Mazoe- it is delicious, esp. blackberry- it tastes like Kool-Aid. My mom also made a pan of brownies that had powdered sugar on them. It tasted like CiCi’s! Yum!
What has been your favorite thing here in Zimbabwe so far? When all the kids come over for the bible study!
What has been your least favorite thing here? When I went to Kadoma and got a splinter in my big toe. It hurt sooooo bad when they had to cut my toe to get it out!
What one thing do you wish you could show or tell the people back home? I would want to show them that there is a whole bunch of chickens here running around in our yard!
Who do you miss super-duper much? Destiny and Evie! And all of my other friends and family!
What do you want to say to the people back home? Email letters to me and I miss you so much!

Love,
Paige Sifford

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Missionary Paige! Your blog is sooooo awesome. I am very proud of you. Great job! Can you give Katy & Chloe & your mom & dad a hug from me? Get your mom to give you a big one back and feel my love for you. You are all in my prayers and heart. Love you lots, Ms Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige, i liked hearing your story. I like to cook and clean too. I miss you! i miss Katy and Chloe too! Give each other a big hug from me! I love you :-) Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige! You moved to Zimbabwe?? How fun!! I am glad God sent you to take Jump Rope for Jesus to Africa! I painted your face as a puppy for your birthday party, do you remember? I send a big hug to you and your sisters and mommy! If you keep writing letters, Taran and Hannah and Nathan and Ben will read them and hear how you are doing! God bless you all!

    ~Miss Angela

    ReplyDelete